fredag 22. april 2011

Easter Shmeaster

No holidays for this working girl. All work and no play makes at least some money. And since I work back-to-back 12 or 13-hours shifts, it's not easy to fit in a run. My shins splints will probably thank me for the extra resting days, but I've recently started getting restless and fidgetty if it gets too many days between the runs (as in 2-3 days).



Week 8 - Tuesday



I geared up, grabbed the Dog and set out in the beautiful, warm weather. And before we had gotten more than little over a mile, he was limping slightly. It was nothing else to do but to walk him home and start over again. I only paused the Polar; I guess that is cheating considering the break I got, but I don't really care. I ran out on beautiful Bygdøy; I need to run there more often, but only when the mommy mafia isn't...



The Dog posing like a pro. Don't mind the birds, I was bored. They didn't catch anything at all, actually.


6.82 km - 42:25 min

Max speed: 11.3 - avg 9.6

Km splits: 05:59 - 06:10 - 06:00 - 06:21 - 06:15 - 06:27 - (05:11)

Avg km splits: 06:12



It was much harder to run without the Dog than I anticipated. Since I started running outdoors, I have always brought him, just because my heart tears up over the fact that he has to spend the time I use on running mostly alone. And he could really use some exercise himself. I figured it wouldn't do so much harm, because he only pulls for the first km, and not very hard. The rest of the run, he keeps my pace, sometimes running beside me, and often stopping to sniff and pee at every lamppost in the world. But he must have pulled me more than I believed, because I struggled after only 3 km, and I finally gave up after what I thought was only 6 km, but was really almost 7. Had I known, I would have kept on for another 180 meters...



My plan was to run 10 km, and although I failed at that, I ran almost 7, and then walked 1.5 km to the bus. Good thing I didn't decide to walk the 5 km home, because it had started blowing whilst I was sheltered by the forest, and I had only a thin longsleeve on (it is after all only April).



A crappy run is better than no run.



And scuba diving certainly beats crappy running, and even a normal run. It does not, however, beat the best runs, between those it's a tie.

Tonight I started on my long strech of night shifts. Man, I don't like night shifts. I feel terrible the whole time, not sleeping well enough or long enough, and TMI-topic; my digestion system is all in an uproar. Bleurgh. But it brings money in the wallet, and I do need a second pair of running shoes. Don't ask, I really don't know. I blame it on the fact that it's 4.40 in the morning, and I'm almost going into comatose.



Summer, holidays, wine, the Boyfriend - my favourite things in the world - though not necessarily in that order...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar