fredag 15. april 2011

Reaching a Goal While Missing It

First things first. I ran home from work Monday. As in Monday morning, after working a 11-hour nightshift. Props to me!

Week 7 - Monday

5.86 km - 33:13 min

Laps: 05.57 - 05:48 - 05:51 -05:43 - 05:35 (-04:18)
Max speed: 13.1 - avg speed: 10.6

Ran almost the same route as I use to, but cut out a portion of it. I felt fast (although I'm really not). This morning, as I was homeward bound instead of the other way around, I ran downhill. I think that's why the km splits are faster than they normally are. Oh well, I'm happy.

Moving on. I had a second run Thursday. BEFORE work. As in I got up at 5.45, was headed to work at 6 and on the treadmill at 6.30. I didn't have much time, so I only ran 3 km, but the fact that I actually managed to squeeze in a run that early is enough to celebrate.

Week 7 - Thursday

3.40 km - 19:16 min

Laps: 06:18 - 05:34 - 05:28 -01:55
Max speed: 13.3 - Avg speed 10.6

Was seriously delirious at this point, so I dont't think there's that much to say, other than that I had a faboulous runner's high.
Tired, me? This picture is taken before the run, can you tell?

Week 7 - Friday

At work I discovered a half marathon that is in June, at Beitostølen, and all of a sudden I was all in a frenzy. I wanted to run. Like, now. And far. It lasted until I got home, and then it met some resistance. The boyfriend tried to lure me into staying on the couch with a glass of wine, and it was sooo tempting. I conquered the couch potato in me, and geared up. The dog of course went along.

I had planned on a route that would take me longer than I normally run, but with options of quitting if my shin splints were killing me. I ended up running longer than I had planned. I kept saying: Maybe I can run 10km? I was getting there, adding extra loops to add kilometers. Then I had to stop to redo my shoelaces, and I paused the Polar. When I started again, I realised that I had actually managed to turn it off completely. FML. I started a new workout, without checking how far I'd actually run. So I ran another 5 km, and thought I had managed 10 km.

I was wrong....

Week 7 - Friday
All set and ready to go. Especially the Dog. All the pictures of me are fugly, all the pictures of the Dog are all angels and rainbows and unicorns. Life's unfair.

(I had to do some maths here..)
First part:
4:38 km - 26:30
Splits: 05:42 - 06:11 - 06:17 - 05:55 (-02:24)
Avg split: 06:01
Max speed: 12.1 - Avg speed: 9.9

Second part:
5:37 km - 31:40 min
Splits: 06:02 - 06:05 - 06:01 - 05:49 - 05:40 (-02:00)
Avg split: 05.55
Max speed: 13.8 - Avg speed: 10.2

Total km: 9.75..... So very, very bittersweet. It's by far the longest run in my life, and sooo close to the round number 10...

I was quite disappointed, but still so energetic and happy, so it didn't matter that much. At least now I know I can actually do it.I still got wine, though, after the run. Wine + ice = killer combo. A very happy girl at this point.Too much wine?


Very pretty dog. I was rolling sore muscles with a tennis ball, that is never popular. All tennis balls hail Mr.Darcy. End of story.

Ooh, very long post. Got to go drink more wine.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar